Thursday 6 August 2009

4 months in, what a difference a few months makes.

Well here we are, 4 months into Cancer treatment and awaiting another load of results. On the 19th we will find out what % the cancer is at now. We are all hoping the daily chemo is working and that results are good one. Its odd, sometimes I can go a few days, sometimes a week and not think too much about the fact my lovely husband has cancer, but then there is always something to remind you. It could be the huge meds box on the side, Darrens drug alarm that goes off at 8am every morning, or even just the call i got last night from Darren wondering what to do for the best after visiting a friend with a sick child. Cancer has a way of sometimes just taking your breath away, of sometimes just sneaking in and reminding you that life is cruel, so breakable and oh so sad at times.
I look at my girls and I know they dont understand, I know most of our friends see Darren and dont understand. He looks so well and hides his tiredness so well, but sometimes I wish he wouldnt, sometimes I would like someone to see Im sinking on a bad day.
I guess I would just like life back. Before we worried about drugs, sickness, hospital appointments and what our next option is if this doesnt work. I know once the 19th is over, we wil be good again for a while, until the following month when its time for Darrens bone marrow biopsy.

Oh well, I guess life goes on, and i really should get back to my wonderful life of housework.

Hugs and prayers to all those that need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.