Friday 13 March 2009

why am i doing this again?

I have decided to start this blog as so many people ask me "how is he today, how are you?" in one day the answer always is "we're ok, we are coping thanks". So many emails to reply to, so many texts, and answer phone messgaes. It seems easier to write it all here.

Im also hoping it might help me sort my thoughts out, Im sure its not all sunk in yet. Im still struggling to get my head round it, and have so many silly questions buzzing in my head.

I still find it hard to hear and say the "C" word, silly really after everything we are going though, to worry about a word!!

Tanisha has been hit hard today, I think she knows its serious. Too many calls, too many visitors in daddys room. Shes a bright one, and she even asked what is it called. My reply was Leukemica, see i cant even spell it right yet!

Well its only day 2 and im shattered and worried.

Todays update is: Chemo kicked in. Darren doesnt feel like eating. He was still quoting "I feel fine" until this evening. His temperture is up to 38.4, and as his white cells are so high and the Chemo is killing what little immune system he did have left, panic has now set in! Nurses are lovely but as his not on a cancer ward, not 100% sure they get it all.

Im going to write about how this all started asap, as it really does explain why I have called this blog "12 hours makes a huge difference"
thanks for listening, although not sure how many are listeniing :)

Lisa

4 comments:

  1. I think lots of folk'll be listening and praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sis, will blogroll you onto mine.

    thinking of you every minute of every day.

    i still cant believe it, its seems so absurb that darren has leukemia. i mean, its darren. his the fittest one of us all.

    love and hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - loads of folk are listening. Keep talking it definitely helps. Thinking of you and your family.

    Saggar x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you need to talk lisa i think thats the only was to end up managing.. thinking of you all every day fingers are crossed permenently
    lorraine xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.