Friday 17 April 2009

I want off!!

Today sucked.
Darrens been coughing up green stuff, feeling hot and sweating loads at night. I called Macmillian nurse, she didnt call back, called the GP, no appointments so I called the cancer ward and was advised to take him to A&E. I called my mum to come and watch the kids, she wouldnt come, said Darren should take himself there. Called my sister, Maria who came over.
Arrive at A&E, wait an hour to be seen by the nurse, whilst trying to aviod standing too close to anyone who seemed unwell. Nurse called GP, who magicly had an appointment.
Got home and made the girls dinner, they had played me up most of the day to be honest and i hadnt got half as much done in the house as i needed.
Darren calls after seeing the doctor, to tell me he has a prescribtion for anti biotics but that also his friend is coming over earlier and will be here about 6.30pm.
Darren arrives home but tells me he had to pay for prescribtion as his not got has exsemtion card yet (all cancer people get free prescribtions).
Kids into PJs, me running round like a blue arsed fly trying to tidying up before friend gets here.

To be honest i cried whilst giving girls their tea, i felt like getting up and walking out, just walking, just to clear my head, but no chance i could have. I just wanted my bed.

I know people want to pop by and see how we are, but i wish people would call, i hate being surprised but people at my door. Im rarely not busy, my house always looks like a mess when people arrive. all it takes is one call to see if now is a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.