Wednesday 22 April 2009

Working and cancer dont mix





Well these two are the reason we get up and try and do normal things everyday. We have to get though this for them and we will.

Well as I said in my last post Im back at work, and I have to say Im enjoying being busy and seeing all the lovely people and families I work with. I really feel helped someone today,nothing major, just a little something but still felt good. Thats the thing with cancer, you lose all control of every part of your life, you cant help, you cant do anything and its so hard!
Im still having to tell a few girls at work whats happened in the last few weeks, as some dont know and I even got asked if I have been on holiday! hmm wishing so much that I was.
Strangely enough, 2 people today told me that they have had cancer, I never knew and its odd how cancer is like a little group, you dont want to join but when you do your glad someone else knows where you are at. I also reliased today that Darren is managing this so much better than I am. Im a control freak, and hate this all! Darren doesnt want to know too much, I want to know it all.
Darren has put plans in place to return to work on Tuesday, as long as all results are ok on Monday. His going back staggered, so as not to get too tired out, I just hope he doesnt over do it.

Tanisha went back to school yesterday and as always is loving it. We are still waiting on her appointment for her assessment for asbergers, but we have talked about it, and to be honest we dont care. We wouldnt be changing how we treat her at home but would be good to know for her education.

Im back at the hospital myself next wednesday to see my cardio team and hopefully get some results.
When I talked to my boss about all this earlier in the week she commented about how much we have to deal with, but I dont see it that way. It could be so much worse. We still have each other and wonderful support from friends and family, it never feel like we are going this alone.

Oh the only thing I need is a good massage! can anyone recommend a good one in my area?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.